- Use the ring included to attach the tag to your pet’s collar. If your pet has more than one other tag, position the BioPower Pet Shield on the outside of the others.
- The tag should be on or near your pet at all times, so if you remove the collar at night then put it in the bed next to your pet.
- It will take 3 to 4 weeks for the tag to reach its full effectiveness. It is especially important to keep it on or near your pet during that time.
- The tag is completely waterproof, but during the initial 3 to 4 weeks please remove it for bathing or swimming. After this initial period it may be worn while bathing and swimming.
- If the tag becomes dirty please wash it with warm water and a mild soap to keep it clean.
- The BioPower Pet Shield is NOT designed to treat existing flea infestations, it is a repellent to prevent infestations. If your pet has fleas, please see the FAQ below for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if my pet already has fleas? It is important to know that the BioPower Pet Shield is a flea repellent, but not a flea infestation treatment. If your pet already has fleas, you will need a treatment to remove them. A non-toxic flea powder or simple diatomaceous earth (available at most hardware stores) are excellent natural treatments for flea infestations.
- What else can I do to protect my pet? A healthy pet is a pest-free pet. Fleas, ticks, and mosquitos are attracted to sick and unhealthy pets. Feed your pet a natural food high in animal protein to keep their immune system strong, and they will be much less likely to attract pests. See the question below "What if I still find a flea or tick on my pet?" for ideas on adding other natural approaches to your pest repellent program if needed.
- What is the activation period? The BioPower Pet Shield will take 3 to 4 weeks to reach its full effectiveness. Be sure to keep the tag on or near your pet day and night during this time and don’t worry if you find a few pests during this period. By the end of the fourth week you should have a pest-free pet!
- What if my pet temporarily cannot wear the tag? If for some reason your pet temporarily cannot wear the tag on its collar, then try to keep it close by the pet, for example in their bed or the place they sleep the most. If even that is not possible, then set the tag aside in a drawer until it can be worn again, and then go through the activation period when your pet can wear it again. The life of the tag is one year after opening whether it is being worn or not.
- Is the tag waterproof? The 1 inch diameter tag is made of stainless-steel and is waterproof and durable. Simply clean it with soap and water as needed. During the initial 3-4 week activation period try not to submerge the tag in water, taking it off for swimming and bathing. If it gets wet or submerged a bit during this period it is fine, but try not to do it regularly as it will slow down the activation process.
- Will the tag work for puppies and kittens? Yes, the tag is safe for any age pet, young or old, and so will be effective for puppies and kittens as well.
- Will the tag work for very large dogs? For dogs over 100 pounds it is recommended to use two tags.
- Will the tag work for other types of animals or humans? No, the tag is designed for use only on dogs and cats. Although it certainly would not hurt another animal to use it, we would have no idea whether it would be effective and would not be able to honor the money back guarantee for that purpose.
- Can I use the tag if my pet is pregnant, sick or taking medicine? Yes, the tag is safe to use for pets who are pregnant or nursing, those with a chronic health condition and those that are taking medication. If anything the tag will lend a hand in improving your pet's overall health.
- Will the tag interfere with electric collars or fences? The BioPower Pet Shield uses natural energetic frequencies that repel pests, not chemicals or pesticides. It uses no electricity or batteries and no magnetic fields, so it will not interfere with a tracking collar or invisible fence. Please note that the electromagnetic radiation from tracking collars, shock collars, and invisible fences do lower your pet’s immune defenses, so holistic veterinarians recommend that you avoid them.
- How can I quiet the tag so that it doesn't make noise jingling against another tag on my pet's collar? There are quite a few inexpensive solutions for silencing tags on your pet's collar. You can ask at your local pet store or you may find some options here.
What if I still find a flea or tick on my pet? The BioPower Pet Shield is appropriate for the vast majority of pets and their lifestyles and will keep them flea and tick free. However, there are several factors that influence how difficult it will be to keep your pet pest-free, and in some cases it may be necessary to supplement the tag with other natural pest repellent approaches.
There are 3 factors that affect the ability to keep pests off of your pet:
- The amount of pests in the environment - this is mild to moderate for most parts of the country for most of the year, but there are exceptions - for example in heavily forested or swampy areas at certain times of the year, especially in the spring.
- The amount of time the pet spends outdoors - if the pet lives outside most or all of the time it makes it more challenging to keep pests away, again depending to a large extent on the local environment.
- The health of the pet - the less healthy the animal the more pests will be attracted to them, so it is important to feed a healthy diet, and to be aware that a pet with a chronic health condition will be more susceptible to pests.
We offer an excellent flea/tick repellent spray that can be a helpful addition, which you can find here. Another good addition to a layered natural approach are Brewer's Yeast & Garlic tablets, which are available at most online stores and many local pet stores. Adding these to your pet's diet during the summer months will usually help greatly.
Thus for the vast majority of pets the BioPower Pet Tag will be 100% effective, but if some of the factors mentioned above are an issue, it may be necessary to supplement with another natural pest repellent approach.
- How long will the tag last? The tag will work for one year once it has been opened and used. While unopened inside the foil pouch it comes in, the tag will last indefinitely.
- What happens at the end of the one year lifetime of the tag? The tag will not stop working overnight, its effectiveness will just begin to wear off. We will send you an email reminder in advance of the one year end. You will need to go through the activation period again with the new tag.
- Where are the products made? Our products are made in Europe at our facility in the foothills of the Alps. It is a family run workshop, not a factory, which means all of our products have high quality European craftsmanship to ensure effectiveness and durability.